Like us on Facebook
The Cyprus Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling
(Website: http://www.capcpc.org), announces that it has become a member of :
- The World Association for Person-Centered and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counselling (WAPCEPC).
- The Network of the European Associations for Person-Centred and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counselling (PCE Europe) who have awarded the Cyprus Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling the European Certificate as Training Organisation for Person-Centred and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counselling.
- The European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP)
- The Pancyprian Association for Psychotherapy (PAP)
Please checkout the "News" section of our website to get information about the four year
training program that our Association is organizing in collaboration with the Hellenic Focusing Center
to the website of the Cyprus
Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling which
acquired its legal entity upon its award of its Registration Certificate No.
3214 by the Ministry of Interior on 23 January 2009.
aim of the Person- Centered Approach and, of Psychotherapy, in general, is the
healing and the well-being of the individual, enabling clients to gain self
awareness and to better reach their full potential . The Person-Centered
Approach to Psychotherapy and Counselling is one of the many approaches to
Psychotherapy. It was founded by the eminent American, Carl Rogers (1902-1987),
considered to be one of the founding fathers of Psychotherapy. It is a
non-directive approach to being with a client; believing in the client’s
potential and his/her ability to make appropriate choices for himself/herself. (internal
locus of evaluation).
most vital of Roger’s core conditions for optimum therapeutic change are:
- Unconditional positive regard
Cyprus Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling plans to
make known the humanistic theory of Carl Rogers, through the organization of
lectures , seminars and workshops which will be open to professionals as well
as to the general public.
Cyprus Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling wishes to
express its warm thanks to its twenty founding members that are:
Anthia Christodoulou Theophilou
12. Xenia Tsiamanta
15. Gill Buxton
16. Iro Michael
17. Christina Sorokou
18. Stavroulla Hadjiyianni
19. Evi Ioannides
20. Natasa Savopoulou