Like us on Facebook
The Cyprus Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling
(Website: http://www.capcpc.org), announces that it has become a member of :
- The World Association for Person-Centered and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counselling (WAPCEPC).
- The Network of the European Associations for Person-Centred and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counselling (PCE Europe) who have awarded the Cyprus Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling the European Certificate as Training Organisation for Person-Centred and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counselling.
- The European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP)
- The Pancyprian Association for Psychotherapy (PAP)
Please checkout the "News" section of our website to get information about the exciting opportunities for training we are organizing.
Welcome to the website of the Cyprus Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling which acquired its legal entity upon its award of its Registration Certificate No. 3214 by the Ministry of Interior on 23 January 2009.
The aim of the Person- Centered Approach and, of Psychotherapy, in general, is the healing and the well-being of the individual, enabling clients to gain self awareness and to better reach their full potential . The Person-Centered Approach to Psychotherapy and Counselling is one of the many approaches to Psychotherapy. It was founded by the eminent American, Carl Rogers (1902-1987), considered to be one of the founding fathers of Psychotherapy. It is a non-directive approach to being with a client; believing in the client’s potential and his/her ability to make appropriate choices for himself/herself. (internal locus of evaluation).
The most vital of Roger’s core conditions for optimum therapeutic change are:
- Unconditional positive regard
The Cyprus Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling plans to make known the humanistic theory of Carl Rogers, through the organization of lectures , seminars and workshops which will be open to professionals as well as to the general public.
The Cyprus Association for Person-Centered Psychotherapy and Counselling wishes to express its warm thanks to its twenty founding members that are:
1. Rania Michaelidis
2. Gabriella Philippou
3. Anna Hamboulla
4. Anita Michaelidis
5. Lambros Stavrou
6. Spyroulla David
7. Anthia Christodoulou Theophilou
8. Demetriades Georgios
9. Zoe Magou
10. Maria Fryda
12. Xenia Tsiamanta
13. Maria Hadjicharalambous
14. Byron Gaist
15. Gill Buxton
16. Iro Michael
17. Christina Sorokou
18. Stavroulla Hadjiyanni
19. Evi Joannides
20. Natasa Savvopoulou
We encourage you to visit our website often so as to get the benefit of reading our articles as well as of being informed about our lectures, seminars and
The Governing Board